Tuesday 4 October 2016

Berryz Kobo x ℃-ute Cross Talk 29: Nakajima Saki x Okai Chisato

To celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Hello! Project Kids in 2012, a book entitled Rival - 12 shoujo no 10-nen monogatari - (The 10-year legend of the 12 girls) was released. The book contains 2-page discussions between various pairings of the girls, covering all 66 possible combinations. In the process of reading this book, I'll be putting up some highlights as I read through the interviews.


Special Crosstalk Book "RIVAL 12 shoujyo no 10 nen monogatari (10 years stories of 12 girls)" / Berrz Kobo / Cute

Nakajima Saki X Okai Chisato

ÇÇÇ

When ℃-ute started off in your 5-person configuration, compared to how things had been before, I believe that many changes happened to you as a group. And it seems that Saki-chan changed a lot at the same time...

Nakajima: It wasn't just me, I think that everyone changed.

[...]

Okai: Because our numbers had decreased, the sense of distance between the members got closer. Our average age fell in one stroke.

ÇÇÇ

When did Saki-chan herself start changing?

Nakajima: When we made our debut, I thought that I had to firm up. But when we entered our 5-person structure, I ended up in the position of being the second oldest. It hit me that I was in a position where I should be giving advice. Everyone told me that they were scared of me since I was so firm at first (laughs)!

ÇÇÇ

For better or for worse, Maimi-chan hasn't changed (laughs).

Okai: You know, age-wise, there was no need for Nacky to force herself to become grown-up. It should have been Maimi-chan (laughs)! But now, Maimi-chan has filled those holes in a different way, she supports everyone. I feel that it's great that Maimi-chan's that sort of leader.

Nakajima: But when we became a 5-person group, it felt like Leader started to become more playful (laughs).

Okai: Ahahaha. That's right.

Nakajima: We became 5 people, there was a time where Chisato and (Hagiwara) Mai would take the lead in teasing her, but now she teases Chisato and the rest herself. She's become a really cheerful person ever since then (laughs).

Okai: Honestly, lots of things happened, but now we're comfortable with one another.

But Saki-chan, from your eyes, has Chisato-chan changed?

Nakajima: Eh, Chisato, well... (laughs).

Okai: What is it~ (laughs)! What, what?

Nakajima: You've changed recently.

Okai: Eh? I haven't noticed anything at all though!?

Nakajima: But you know, Chisato, you've become serious and flustered (laughs). Recently, at dance lessons, there are times when we members double-check our formations without a dance teacher, and you get really flustered, like 'Wait up! What do you mean!? So you know, let's do it once again!!' (laughs). Before that, I felt that you'd only say 'Got it~', but I feel that you're now taking the initiative.

ÇÇÇ

Looking at one another once again, what's changed the most since your time as the Hello! Project Kids?

Okai: Nacky started talking, I guess (laughs). At first I was really confused, but I was really happy. However, as far as that went, I thought you were in two minds over it. I'm sure that you must have worried over whether to keep quiet or to be lively. Honestly speaking, I think that there are lots of guys who like quiet and meek girls (laughs).

Nakajima: Honestly, I was worried over it. However, rather than saying that I worried over than whether I should be quiet or lively, I worried over whether I should wrap things up seriously, or whether I should say nothing. But I think I'm good with how I am now. If I was quiet, I'd get really worried (laughs). The less I speak, the more things grow unexpectedly in my heart. It's much more comfortable to comment on something I think isn't right. How Chisato's changed..... You've changed in all sorts of ways, but number one is looks!?

Okai: Everyone says that it's my looks (laughs).

Nakajima: Since you became fashionable and came to like makeup, it hit me that you actually were a girl (laughs).

Okai: I've always been a girl from the start though (laughs).

Special Crosstalk Book "RIVAL 12 shoujyo no 10 nen monogatari (10 years stories of 12 girls)" / Berrz Kobo / Cute

No comments:

Post a Comment