Thursday 17 September 2015

Berryz Kobo x ℃-ute Cross Talk: Kumai Yurina x Okai Chisato

To celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Hello! Project Kids in 2012, a book entitled Rival - 12 shoujo no 10-nen monogatari - (The 10-year legend of the 12 girls) was released. The book contains 2-page discussions between pairs of girls, covering all 66 possible combinations of them. Here are some excerpts from the interviews.


Kumai Yurina X Okai Chisato

The two of them discuss about issues that have worried them, like height...

Kumai:  There was a time when I had worries about all sorts of things. Firstly, I had a hang-up over my own height. I was worried about it since I was in the public eye, but on the other hand, perhaps it's because of that position that my hang-up got resolved.'

And weight...

Okai: I had issues over my figure. Since the members of ℃-ute are all slender. When I'm with them, I think we eat the same things, and we eat the same amount at the same time, but it's easier for me to put on weight. Also, I'm short in stature, so I stick out even more when I put on weight. I think it looks different when I put on 2 kilos, compared to when Maimi-chan puts on 2 kilos. But maybe I'm over-thinking it.

And whether it still bothers them now.

---The 2 of you don't worry about it now?

Kumai: That's right. It's just that, I lack confidence, so I've still got a bit of a hang-up over it....

Okai: Don't worry. Can't you just put confidence aside? For me, rather than people who've really got confidence, I prefer people who work hard, with an image of how they would like to be in their mind.

σσσ

Okai: I feel like Kumai-chan's got this grown-up atmosphere to her (laughs). It's like every time I see you, you've gotten even more feminine. Even in the past, it never felt like you'd lose your cool, you're really calm and composed, I think you've become a wonderful 18 year old.

Kumai: Eh, seriously?

Okai: I've got this image of how my ideal 18 year old woman would be like, and Kumai-chan has that 18 year old feel to her. You have your own opinions, you don't get influenced by others. In my case, I'm easily influenced by others. If someone tells me that I've put on weight, I'll immediately set out on a diet. I'm really susceptible. I'll be on my guard, and I can't say what I want to say if it's unexpected. Kumai-chan's my ideal 18 year old. Calm, yet able to have fun when it's time to play

σσσ

Going even more into growing-up, how do you think you'll be like 10 years in the future?

Kumai: I feel like Chissa will have a big family.

Okai: Everyone says that~ There isn't a single person who can say anything beyond that though (laughs).

Kumai: Now, there are quite a number of TV programmes about large families, right? I feel like you'd appear on those. Like you'd have 5 kids (laughs).

Okai: Hey (laughs)! Well, Papa has to do his best at his job!!

Kumai: I think it'd be a really lively family. It's kind of amazing to think about it.

Okai: If I haven't gotten married 10 years down the road, I'd be like 'Sorry for betraying everyone's expectations!' (laughs)

σσσ

No comments:

Post a Comment